Intellectual Property: All materials provided to you by us or by our staff or associates, and any intellectual property belonging to or associated with our company and/or services, including any website, trademark or trade name, logo, software, text, and graphics are the sole property of us or our staff or associates and you agree that you will not infringe any such rights in any way. You can make a copy of materials provided for your own personal use, but no other use of them is authorised.
Force Majeure: We will not be liable for any breach of this Agreement which is a result of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour dispute, acts of God, acts of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with a law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, insolvency or bankruptcy of either party or any third party, fire, flood, snow and storm, exceptional weather conditions, difficulty or increased cost in obtaining workers, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or services.
Rights of Third Parties: A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no rights to rely upon or enforce any term of this Agreement.
Assignment: You may not transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of your interest in this Agreement without our prior written consent.
Severability: If any provision in this Agreement is deemed to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid for any reason, it shall be deemed to have been struck out and the remaining provisions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
No waiver: Any failure by us to enforce any provision of this Agreement at any time shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision and shall not affect our right to enforce such provision.
Variation: This Agreement may only be varied by express written agreement of the parties.
Jurisdiction: The construction, validity, and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Victoria and both parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
Language for Life aims to maximise client potential in achieving therapy goals. We make all reasonable attempts to safeguard clients who cancel frequently, or are a no-show, and to limit unpaid invoices.
Client Attendance Requirements throughout length of service:
1) Maintain attendance of >80% for all scheduled appointments
2) Maximum of 3 cancelled sessions per term for weekly clients
3) Maximum of 2 cancelled sessions per term for fortnightly/monthly clients
4) Provide required notification for a cancelled session, otherwise Late Cancellation/No Show fee applies.
5) Please reply to our SMS reminders YES to confirm or NO to cancel. If you do not show up to the appointment late cancellation fees will apply whether you respond to the SMS reminder or not.
If clients have 2 consecutive cancellations without valid reason, they will be returned to our wait list to enable another client the opportunity to access the service
- Clients should endeavor to make up sessions that have been cancelled, within the time frame of their service booking, (e.g. weekly or fortnightly etc. Made up sessions will negate the cancelled session in reference to our policy)
** Please note that sessions which are cancelled by LFL do not go against a child’s attendance rate.
- In the event where a client has NOT met 1 or more of these requirements, management has a duty of care to the client and therapist, to bring this to the client’s attention to help understand why this is occurring and discuss satisfaction with service, ability to commit to the service, and if the current arrangement is suitable. In the instance where attendance continues to be unsatisfactory, or appointments are frequently rescheduled, or the client is frequently late to their sessions, management reserves the right to end the service agreement and cancel any further appointments.
** Please note that in the instance where sessions cannot be delivered face to face, due to conditions out of the control of Language for Life, the service will automatically be moved to Telehealth consults. The cancellation and attendance schedule remains the same. Where telehealth is deemed not appropriate by the therapist, substitute services will be discussed but only at the therapist’s and LFL discretion. Please note that we do not hold services under conditions which are out of the control of Language for Life.