We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in a permanent full-time role as a Behaviour Support Practitioner.
In the role, you will undertake a functional behavioural assessments and analysis, develop and write NDIS behaviour support plans that meet the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding requirements and work closely with the participant, their family, carers, guardian and other stakeholders to support the implementation of the behaviour support plan.
You will enjoy a balance of collaborative and autonomous work and be able to effectively juggle the administrative and operational functions of the role with the hands-on aspects.
Key criteria as follows:
- Assist individuals and their families to identify their needs through assessment and person-centred planning and to develop meaningful goals and practical strategies to support people in their home and community.
- Develop behaviour support plans utilising a positive behaviour support framework with a commitment to eliminate and fade out restrictive practices
- Provide clinical advice and support to individuals, families, carers, and support workers
- Record and report accurately, including billable hours performed.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications as an Allied Health Professional.
- Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA), including provisional psychologists. Demonstrated experience in delivering and implementing positive behaviour support plans to people with complex behavioural needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of restrictive practice and a solid understanding of existing frameworks. Understanding and demonstrated experience of current evidenced based assessment and intervention tools.
- Highly developed ability to train key stakeholders and implement behaviour support plans effectively.
- Excellent report writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Relevant professional registration (e.g. AHPRA, Australian Psychological Society, Speech Pathology Australia, Exercise and Sports Science Australia)
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check