What is mental health?
Mental Health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. Our mental health impacts how we think, feel, act, and respond. Our mental health is what determines how we handle stress and conflict. During all stages of life, mental health is important.
How do you take care of your mental health?
- Eat nutrient-rich food and drink water.
- Your physical body needs to be nourished in healthy ways. When you nourish your body, your mind benefits. Load up on nutrient-rich foods and drink a lot of water. Make sure you’re paying attention to what your body feels and what your body needs.2
- Express your feelings and emotions.
- We don’t know where we need to place our care unless we know what we’re caring for. This starts with being able to name and express our feelings and emotions. When we’re in touch with our feelings, we’re better equipped to care for them and give them the attention they deserve.
- Have good sleep.
- Good sleep has incredible health benefits, both physical and mental. It can help reduce anxiety and help improve productivity. It helps reduce serious health risks such as diabetes or heart disease and it also helps improve concentration and focus which will have positive impacts on your mental health.
- Set goals for yourself.
- It is good to have things to strive for. Your goals can be either personal or professional. It is good to have an optimistic vision for your future and an idea of what you want to achieve.
- Seek professional help.
- Your mental health isn’t something you should have to care for alone. You’re not alone on your mental health journey. There are certain points in your journey where you may need more care and support than others — and that’s when professional help comes into play.
Caring for your mental health is just as important as caring for any other part of your physical body. Whether you’re looking to learn about caring for the mental health of a friend, loved one, a family member, or yourself, start with reflection. Mental health isn’t easy to care for — but it’s not impossible.
Credit – https://www.betterup.com/