With the COVID situation, online platforms have become the most accessible and famous tool in the whole world. The health sector has been using the online tools even before COVID. However, it has paved the way for the community to adapt to the virtual environment.
Conducting telehealth sessions is a modest trend being used by the health sector. When considering the vast number of pros we can gain by getting used to telehealth, such as accessibility and efficiency, reducing the need to travel helps to improve the quality of healthcare as well.
On the contrary, when there are telehealth sessions with the kids/children, the rules applicable to adults cannot be applied to them. The parents or the caregivers must focus more and should know how to make the most of the child’s telehealth sessions.
There are a few tips that you could follow to turn a telehealth session into a success.
- Before beginning, have a conversation with your child about what remote care is and ask if they have any questions or concerns.
- Provide a private room if you can, and make sure that siblings and other family members don’t interrupt.
- Before starting the initial session, do a trial run and it will help the child to be comfortable in front of the screen.
- Use part of the first session to set guidelines for how remote care will work, and it will probably make sense to be present for the conversation.
- It’s important to approach telehealth the same way you would in-person care.
- Make sure you know what your child is expected to do between sessions and, if necessary, make a plan with them to figure out when and how they’ll do it.